Saturday, January 7, 2012

Willi's house

A while ago, I was asked to do some different projects for my friend Willi.  Here are some pictures from that project:

I did a faux finish on the wall with a dark brown and tan, then went over the top of it with a tan glaze to knock it back and add some dimension.  Then we rearranged the furniture and brought back in her wall hangings.

This is the surround that I added to her fireplace.  It was a flat wall previously.  I taped off the area I wanted raised and used a faux stone plaster texture to give it some dimension.  Then I added a custom raised stencil.  After it dried I painted and antiqued it.

The next project I did was to paint some faux shutters to add around a window on the inside of the house.  For these I used the basic white plastic shutters you can buy at a hardware store and painted them to look like real wood.  I then painted the handle and then the hinges on canvas and cut them out to give them added dimension and hot glued them onto the shutter:
I wish I would have taken a picture of them installed, but forgot my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment